From: Scott on
I would like to lock down non admin user profiles on my 2003 TS. I do not
want to use GPO from Active directory. Profile lockdown changes would only
be local to the terminal server. I want to do some basic lockdown such as
removing control panel access. I can use gpedit to modify the settings under
user settings\admin templates but that also applies all user profiles on the
TS including admin level users. I read a procedue on how to do this by
logging on/off and copying registry.pol but this would only work for
existing user accounts. I would like a to set the default user profile that
is used to create new user profiles to be locked down accordly but not
affect the admin account so that all new user profiles created on the TS
will be locked down.