From: Bert van den Dongen on
Hi all,

I posted this question already in ...visual.misc,
but it seems that this group is more widely used.

I would like to place a checkmark in a MSHFlexGrid,
but it can't be represented with a Chr().
I now use a bold "V" but a real checkmark would
centainly look better.

Has anyone an idea how to create it?
Bert.

From: Bob Butler on
"Bert van den Dongen" <bertdon(a)tiscali.nl> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I posted this question already in ...visual.misc,
> but it seems that this group is more widely used.
>
> I would like to place a checkmark in a MSHFlexGrid,
> but it can't be represented with a Chr().
> I now use a bold "V" but a real checkmark would
> centainly look better.
>
> Has anyone an idea how to create it?

I don't use MSHFlexGrid but if it supports putting an image in a cell (in
MSFlexGrid it's the CellPicture) then you can create two images, one with a
checkmark and one without, and display as appropriate.

From: Bert van den Dongen on
Yes, good idea! Thank you, Bob.
Bert.

From: Bob Butler on
> Yes, good idea! Thank you, Bob.

Another option might be Chr$(&HFC) with the font set to WingDings

From: Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB) on
>> Yes, good idea! Thank you, Bob.
>
> Another option might be Chr$(&HFC) with the font set to WingDings

Not realizing this question was reposted here, I just provided this answer
over in the comp.lang.basic.visual newsgroup...

Make the font for the cell(s) Marlett and then use either "a" or "b" (these
are lower case letters) either of which will display as a check mark (I'm
not sure what the difference between these two characters are supposed to
be; they look the same to me).

Rick