From: Loran on
I'm running dell dimension 4550 series with a dual boot: Windows XP Pro
and Ubuntu 9.10. I keep getting checkpoint cMPt and Vmgr error. Can you
get tell me how to fix this. It was working and it just stop. Sometimes
it let me get into f8.
From: Leonard Grey on
Anybody want to guess what "checkpoint cMPt and Vmgr error" means?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Bill in Co. on
I think he needs to google it.

From: Jim on

Or use Bing . ;)

From: nass on

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Anybody want to guess what "checkpoint cMPt and Vmgr error" means?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Loran wrote:
> > I'm running dell dimension 4550 series with a dual boot: Windows XP Pro
> > and Ubuntu 9.10. I keep getting checkpoint cMPt and Vmgr error. Can you
> > get tell me how to fix this. It was working and it just stop. Sometimes
> > it let me get into f8.

This Error indicate a BIOS issue and it happen on the POST boot up process.
Either try to remove any hardware/software lately added or try to take out
the CMOS battery and replace it with new one. Also make sure the BIOS up to
date and support Dual Boot and compatible with both OSs and hardware.

BTW cMPt mean Compute
What Dual Boot you are using? GNOM or Grub?

HTH,
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk