From: John S on
I've had to post this here because there is no equivolent managed newsgroup
for MOSS 2007!

I have a document library for storig our finance data. I've created a
Content Type with a Document Template for a Word Document to allow storing
notes etc and another with a blank Spreadsheet for producing the actual
Budget data etc. These were created through Site Settings and the templates
added from the Advanced Settings.

I've then set the Document Library so that both are available from the New
dropdown menu.

When a user has finished creating a document and goes to save, they get a
dialog box appear which asks the to choose which Document Type they want.
They chose the type they wanted when they created the new document so they
don't need this second choice. In fact it seems to get worse as if they
originally chose to create a Word document and then choose a document based
on a spreadsheet they can still save the document, even though they are using
Word!

How can we stop this dialog box appearing?

Thanks
From: "Steven Cheng" on
Hi,

From your description, the dialog appeared when saving the document, do you
mean the file saving dialog that allow you to select the certain file
extension( such as .docx , .doc ....)?

Based on my test, this is the only dialog that will appear and it is used
for us to select the document extension type rather than contentType.
Therefore, it is the bydesign behavior of the office client application.
I'm afraid so far we cannot peform customization on the client office
application's behavior.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

From: Dan on
FYI: I too have this same problem.
In summary; Someone checks out a document that is assigned doc type X. When
they check it in they are have are offered "choose Doc Types" dialogue BUT IT
DOESN'T DEAFULT TO THE ASSIGNED PROPERTY, thus many people take the default,
wrongly re-setting the doc type of the document.

There's a need to switch off this prompt once a document has a doc type.

Dan