From: Matthias Scheler on
Hello,

my attempt to migrate a BT A-DSL line (using the Max service) from a
Linksys ADSL2MUE to a Cisco 877W today were not every succesful. The
configuration of the Cisco worked in general:
- The A-DSL link was established at the expected speed.
- The PPP session was established and the Cisco got the correct
IPv4 address assigned.
- IPv4 and IPv6 routing worked fine.

There were however problems:
1.) A lot of noise on the phone line.
2.) The Cisco kept reconnectiong every few minutes after a not very
help error message like this:

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ATM0, changed state to down

The configuration for the A-DSL interface looks like this:

interface ATM0
no ip address
ip access-group 101 in
no atm ilmi-keepalive
pvc 0/38
encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
dialer pool-member 1
!
dsl operating-mode auto
!

interface Dialer0
ip address negotiated
ip virtual-reassembly
encapsulation ppp
dialer pool 1
dialer-group 1
ipv6 address autoconfig
ipv6 enable
no cdp enable
ppp authentication chap callin
ppp chap hostname ***
ppp chap password 0 ***
!

Is there a way to force the Cisco to ADSL1 and not try ADSL2 or ADSL2+?
I wonder whether my microfilter can't deal with that very well.

Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler http://zhadum.org.uk/
From: Luc on
Matthias Scheler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my attempt to migrate a BT A-DSL line (using the Max service) from a
> Linksys ADSL2MUE to a Cisco 877W today were not every succesful. The
> configuration of the Cisco worked in general:
> - The A-DSL link was established at the expected speed.
> - The PPP session was established and the Cisco got the correct
> IPv4 address assigned.
> - IPv4 and IPv6 routing worked fine.
>
> There were however problems:
> 1.) A lot of noise on the phone line.
> 2.) The Cisco kept reconnectiong every few minutes after a not very
> help error message like this:
>
> %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface ATM0, changed state to down
>
> The configuration for the A-DSL interface looks like this:
>
> interface ATM0
> no ip address
> ip access-group 101 in
> no atm ilmi-keepalive
> pvc 0/38
> encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
> dialer pool-member 1
> !
> dsl operating-mode auto
> !
>
> interface Dialer0
> ip address negotiated
> ip virtual-reassembly
> encapsulation ppp
> dialer pool 1
> dialer-group 1
> ipv6 address autoconfig
> ipv6 enable
> no cdp enable
> ppp authentication chap callin
> ppp chap hostname ***
> ppp chap password 0 ***
> !
>
> Is there a way to force the Cisco to ADSL1 and not try ADSL2 or ADSL2+?
> I wonder whether my microfilter can't deal with that very well.
>
> Kind regards

Hello,

dependant on your ios and/or router :

dsl operating-mode ?

adsl2 adsl2 mode
adsl2+ adsl2+ mode
ansi-dmt ANSI full rate mode <<<<<<<<<<<<< try this for ADSL "1"
auto auto detect mode
itu-dmt ITU full rate mode <<<<<<<<<<<<< or that

Regards,

--
Luc
From: jamie on
In addition to Luc's comments I have seen this happen on 877 with IOS
12(1) - I think the Cisco website says you need 12(3) onwards to support
ADSL2 etc...is your IOS the latest?

From: Matthias Scheler on
In article <de287$454cf8f8$53d9a63f$23550(a)news.vispa.com>,
"jamie" <jamie(a)nospam.net> writes:
> In addition to Luc's comments I have seen this happen on 877 with IOS
> 12(1) - I think the Cisco website says you need 12(3) onwards to support
> ADSL2 etc...

I don't need ADSL2+ yet. My line is only ADSL1. I'm just wondering whether
the ADSL2+ support in the hard- and software cause my stability problems.

> is your IOS the latest?

It's pretty new:

Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(9)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler http://zhadum.org.uk/
From: Luc on
Matthias Scheler wrote:

> I'm just wondering whether
> the ADSL2+ support in the hard- and software cause my stability problems.

yes, I have seen this symptom on low-quality PSTN line. Please send to
us the result of 'sh dsl interface atm0' ........

Best regards,

--
Luc
 |  Next  |  Last