From: Andrey Tarasov on
Hello, Ian!
You wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:54:31 GMT:

??>> As part of the construction of a new depot, a network is being
??>> designed and installed by a sub-contractor to the builders. The
??>> designer of the network had originally planned to use three 4500
??>> chassis's with 3750's and 2950's in the remaining locations. He
??>> has since learnt that Cisco have stopped issuing MTBF figures
??>> for the 4500 models and decided to use 3750's instead.

IS> Contacted Cisco and their response is that we/someone would have
IS> to contact a Channel Partner and sign a non-disclosure agreement.

IS> Odd!

IS> That rather implies that the 4500 range is unreliable. Hopefully
IS> that isn't the case as we have a 4510 in the LAN room feeding the
IS> other switch stacks in the head office. Ho hum.

I'm not sure how it works in Europe, but in US I'm getting MTBF from my account
manager at Cisco. If there is no MTBF for 4500 indeed, one of the reasons might
be that 4500 is modular box and MTBF will depend on configuration. So while
there might be no single figure for generic spherical 4500 in vacuum, I can bet
there is numbers out there for all 4500 series components.

With best regards,
Andrey.