From: rjf2 on

Hi Ya

I think that the memtype option would provide a method to do this

but I do not recognize which one will handle the sas7bitm files you ask
about

Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov

Member Types
The following list gives the possible values for the MEMTYPE= option:

ACCESS
access descriptor files (created by SAS/ACCESS software)

ALL
all member types

CATALOG
SAS catalogs

DATA
SAS data files

FDB
financial database

MDDB
multidimensional database

PROGRAM
stored compiled SAS programs

VIEW
SAS views
From: Lou on

"Ya Huang" <ya.huang(a)AMYLIN.COM> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> Is there a way I can clean up the *.sas7bitm files?
> I used proc datasets to clean up all temp datasets. But I can see
> tons of (10,000+) files named *.sas7bitm (SAS Item Store files) beijing
> created during the program run.

To get rid of an item store, you can do

PROC TEMPLATE LIBRARY = your-libname-here;
DELETE your-item-store-name(s) / MEMTYPE = ITEMSTOR;
QUIT;

What are you doing that creates 10,000+ of these things? If you have that
many, I suppose you'll need some kind of macro variable to hold the item
store names.

From: "Data _null_;" on
If you didn't expect to see so many of these files then perhaps they
should not have been created. Are you calling PROC TEMPLATE over and
over?

I would want to know how/why they were created first.

From: Ya Huang on
I'm puzzled by where those files come from too. After some
testings, I found that it seems to link to the number of times
proc sgplot are called. Run the following testing code,
you can see in the temp folder, such as "C:\WINDOWS\Temp\SAS Temporary
Files\_TD5244", files named _tfnnnn.sas7bitm starts to accumulate.
Since nnnn has only four digit, when it hit 9999, it seems to stop
running (actually, I'm not quite sure about this one. Some tests shows
it can reset to 0001. But my real program hang when it hit 9999).

%macro manyfiles;
%do no=1 %to 1000;
ods pdf file="c:\temp\item&no..pdf";
ods graphics on / reset=all;
%do i=1 %to 100;
proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
scatter x=weight y=height;
run;
%end;
ods pdf close;
%end;
%mend manyfiles;

%manyfiles

From: Ya Huang on
I tried and it complains syntax error. I checked online doc,
proc template statement don't have any options, so lib= is not
acceptable.