From: Mommybear on
I've looked at everything I can find, tried all the suggestions but still
can't get this to work. I have a form that opens blank. You input your
parameter into an unbound text box then press a command button that performs
a requery of the database and returns the results in a continuous form. When
the results are returned, the parameter is listed as part of the detail in
the form so I want the parameter box to be cleared out and ready for the next
one.

My command on the Search button looks like this:

Private Sub SearchEPICode_Click()

Me.Requery

End Sub

I've tried adding Me!InputEPI = Null but nothing works. Am I adding it to
the wrong place.
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:31:01 -0700, Mommybear
<Mommybear(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've looked at everything I can find, tried all the suggestions but still
>can't get this to work. I have a form that opens blank. You input your
>parameter into an unbound text box then press a command button that performs
>a requery of the database and returns the results in a continuous form. When
>the results are returned, the parameter is listed as part of the detail in
>the form so I want the parameter box to be cleared out and ready for the next
>one.
>
>My command on the Search button looks like this:
>
>Private Sub SearchEPICode_Click()
>
> Me.Requery
>
>End Sub
>
>I've tried adding Me!InputEPI = Null but nothing works. Am I adding it to
>the wrong place.

Probably. You don't say where you're adding it!

I presume that the textbox named InputEPI has no Control Source, right? What
do you mean by "the parameter is listed as part of the detail"?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Beetle on
Well, Me!ZInputEPI = Null *should* work, but if it's not
you might try following it with a Me.Repaint. You might
also try;

Me!InputEPI = ""
--
_________

Sean Bailey

From: Mommybear on
That is correct, it does NOT have a control source. The parameter is used to
search a field on my query, when it returns, the query field is displayed on
my form which happens to be the same as the parameter.

From: Mommybear on
None of these worked. I just want to clarify that I'm putting these on the
command button. Is that where I'm suppose to do this or should it be
someplace else.

"Beetle" wrote:

> Well, Me!ZInputEPI = Null *should* work, but if it's not
> you might try following it with a Me.Repaint. You might
> also try;
>
> Me!InputEPI = ""
> --
> _________
>
> Sean Bailey
>

> "Mommybear" wrote:
>
> > I've looked at everything I can find, tried all the suggestions but still
> > can't get this to work. I have a form that opens blank. You input your
> > parameter into an unbound text box then press a command button that performs
> > a requery of the database and returns the results in a continuous form. When
> > the results are returned, the parameter is listed as part of the detail in
> > the form so I want the parameter box to be cleared out and ready for the next
> > one.
> >
> > My command on the Search button looks like this:
> >
> > Private Sub SearchEPICode_Click()
> >
> > Me.Requery
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > I've tried adding Me!InputEPI = Null but nothing works. Am I adding it to
> > the wrong place.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Error 94 Invalid Use of Null