From: BillE on
I am using clickonce to publish a windows forms application developed in
VB.net VS2008.

I am getting the above error during installation. The .NET Framework (3.5)
is installed during the application installation.

The application is not signed. - I noticed in the error details the mention
that the "manifest xml signature is not valid". I hope I am not required to
digitally sign the application - I don't want to have to worry about the
application suddenly failing in one year when the digital certificate
expires.

I am interested in knowing how to solve this problem.

Thanks
Bill

From: Patrice on
Hello,

Is this 3.5 or 3.6 SP 1 ?

I made a quick search and it seems the signature requirement is gone
starting with 3.5 SP1.

Another option is to use a timestamp server when signing in which case the
certificate doesn't expire.

--
Patrice

"BillE" <belgie(a)datamti.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: e6C07vQxKHA.6020(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

From: Patrice on
3.5 SP1 of course, not 3.6 SP1...

From: BillE on
Thanks, I didn't know that 3.5 deployment requires a signature.

I can't use 3.5 sp1 because I am working in an isolated network and sp1 has
the Homesite Only 'feature':

'we shipped the .NET Frameworks 3.5 SP1 package as Homesite Only, i.e. only
supports "Install Prerequisites from Component Vendor's Website". We did
this to keep the size of VS 2008 SP1 from being too large.' (David Guyer,
MSFT)

I don't know what a timestamp server is, I'll look into it, but I guess my
best course of action will be to abandon ClickOnce.

merci encore
Bill

From: Patrice on
As you wish else you have just to specify a server such as :
http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll

in the appropriate field dialog (the signing tab in project properties if I
remember) and you are done...

--
Patrice

"BillE" <belgie(a)datamti.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: #zegWIRxKHA.732(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...