From: Clare on
Using MS Access 2007 I have a PivotTable form (created via Create-
Forms-MoreForms-PivotTable) and I want to be able to open another form
by clicking on a cell in the PivotTable form view, and the form needs
to be linked to the record ID for the cell.

If I add a macro to the On Dbl Click Event for a field via the design
view of the PivotTable form, nothing happens when the field is double
clicked in form view. (I've tested that the settings I use otherwise
work in another simple form.)

Any suggestions - either to fix this method, or suggest another
method?

Many thanks, Clare
From: Salad on
Clare wrote:
> Using MS Access 2007 I have a PivotTable form (created via Create-
> Forms-MoreForms-PivotTable) and I want to be able to open another form
> by clicking on a cell in the PivotTable form view, and the form needs
> to be linked to the record ID for the cell.
>
> If I add a macro to the On Dbl Click Event for a field via the design
> view of the PivotTable form, nothing happens when the field is double
> clicked in form view. (I've tested that the settings I use otherwise
> work in another simple form.)
>
> Any suggestions - either to fix this method, or suggest another
> method?
>
> Many thanks, Clare

In the Dbl-Click event put the word
STOP
as the first line of code. Then you will step thru the code and see
where the error is.
From: Clare on
On May 20, 5:10 pm, Salad <sa...(a)oilandvinegar.com> wrote:
> Clare wrote:
> > Using MS Access 2007 I have a PivotTable form (created via Create-
> > Forms-MoreForms-PivotTable) and I want to be able to open another form
> > by clicking on a cell in the PivotTable form view, and the form needs
> > to be linked to the record ID for the cell.
>
> > If I add a macro to the On Dbl Click Event for a field via the design
> > view of the PivotTable form, nothing happens when the field is double
> > clicked in form view. (I've tested that the settings I use otherwise
> > work in another simple form.)
>
> > Any suggestions - either to fix this method, or suggest another
> > method?
>
> > Many thanks, Clare
>
> In the Dbl-Click event put the word
>         STOP
> as the first line of code.  Then you will step thru the code and see
> where the error is.

Hi, I've run the macro from the macro design window using the 'Single
Step' button switched on. The correct form window does pop up
(obviously with no record details contained as I'm running in design
mode).

Just wondering whether I'm wrong to be expecting the cells in
PivotTable form view to respond to events. The controls in the design
view DO allow for macros to be added, which suggests that something
should happen, but maybe the cells in a PivotTable work differently to
other fields/controls in other types of forms.

Can you think of any way I can create a link between a record being
viewed in PivotTable form view and the same record viewed in a
different form view (ideally pop-up, modal).

Thanks, Clare