From: rodney on
I have two client workstation's outlook that will not update email from the
exchnage server. They had a power outage after which all workstation would
only show email received as of the date of the outage. I have a total of 17
workstation. I went to each workstation's control panel deleted the exchange
account then added the exchange server account. All but two worksations now
receive their email, on the two that do not, I can go to localhost exchange
on the server and see that they are receiving mail on the server, but it will
not show in their outlook. On both problem workstation I did a complete
fresh install of XP Pro thinking that these two and a virus, but it did not
solve the problem, Any help is appreciated.
From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
When you did the new installations, did you first export the mailboxes, or
have you just wiped and reinstalled? I am trying to figure out the reason
you might answer the next question yes.

Do the new installations show the prior mails in the mailbox? That would
indicate that you have either exported and imported the old messages, or
you have not changed the users name.

Rather than try to figure this out, export the messages to a pst file, remove
the user and the computer from the SBS, recreate them with the wizard and
import the old mail.

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.

-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: rodney on
Larry thank you for your response:
1. I did not export the mailboxes because the correct emails showed up on
the server using localhost/exchange.
2. When I did the new install I removed the computer, then use the wizard to
create the computer using the same computer name. ( I did not remove the user
account).
I will try your suggestion, I guess what puzzles me is that when I removed
the exchange account via control panel on the workstaions, then added the
exchange account the other 15 workstions show current emails except these two.

From: Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] on
Something hosed in the connection from the station/user profile to the mailbox.
Since you have replaced the OL to Exchange profile and the OS (user profile),
it must be in the mailbox. Easier to do what I suggested than to beat your
brains out.

-Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit.

-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com

From: Russ (SBITS.Biz) [SBS-MVP] on
Ditto on what Larry Said..

Russ

Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC
Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz
BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.BPOSMadeEasy.com
Easy Redirect to Microsoft's New SBS Public Forum - www.SBSRepair.com

-Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com