From: Justin on
so how do i scan a computer on my lan not just the hd but the WHOLE computer
like do i need special av or some other special software
From: Mark Adams on

"Justin" wrote:

> so how do i scan a computer on my lan not just the hd but the WHOLE computer
> like do i need special av or some other special software

You didn't say what you want to scan for, but if you want to "scan and
identify" the hardware on your computer, try Belarc Advisor. It examines and
identifies all of the hardware.
From: Justin on
no no mo i want to scan for viruses and stuff like that srry for not saying

From: Clan D. Estin on
Download and install an anitivirus program, HoopleHead.

From: Mark Adams on

"Justin" wrote:

> no no mo i want to scan for viruses and stuff like that srry for not saying

I think it is highly unlikely that any of the hardware other than the hard
drive can be "infected." I have heard of BIOS viruses that cause pemanent
damage to the BIOS chip, requiring replacement. i don't know of any way to
"scan" for this however. RAM would dump any infection when the power is off
during shut down. I don't think any of the other devices are capable of being
"infected".