From: Zaidy036 on
Win 7 64 bit with Eudora 7.1.0.9

I am looking for a way to close the Eudora Mailbox panel WITHOUT
clicking its "x".

The reason is that I am using PTFBpro, a macro and "button clicking"
program and if the Mailbox panel width has been changed PTFBpro will
click in the wrong place and the panel will not be closed. After the
Mailbox panel is closed all other items are in a fixed location or can
be replaced with key presses. The entire PTFBpro sequence is:

- Close the Mailbox panel
- Click the "Pencil" to enter edit mode
- Press <Ctrl>-A to select everything
- Click the "Font" "A" and press M for Medium text
- Double click the "Pencil" to exit edit mode
- Click "Tools" and press M to show the Mailbox panel
- Move into the email and click to return focus.

I need this frequently because even on my 24" monitor I find many emails
hard to read.

PTFBpro is capable of single or multiple key presses,

Any suggestions ?

Eric
From: Steven Saunderson on
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:08:08 -0500, Zaidy036 <ericNOSPAM(a)bloch.com>
wrote:

> Win 7 64 bit with Eudora 7.1.0.9
>
> I am looking for a way to close the Eudora Mailbox panel WITHOUT
> clicking its "x".
>
> Any suggestions ?

Ctrl-W ?

HTH,
--
Steven
From: Han on
Steven Saunderson <phelum(a)Syd.au> wrote in

> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:08:08 -0500, Zaidy036 <ericNOSPAM(a)bloch.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Win 7 64 bit with Eudora 7.1.0.9
>>
>> I am looking for a way to close the Eudora Mailbox panel WITHOUT
>> clicking its "x".
>>
>> Any suggestions ?
>
> Ctrl-W ?
>
> HTH,

Or Ctrl-F4

--
Best regards
Han
From: Steven Saunderson on
On 28 Jan 2010 01:12:02 GMT, Han <nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote:

> > Ctrl-W ?
> >
> > HTH,
>
> Or Ctrl-F4

I've just realised that maybe the OP is talking about the Mailboxes
panel rather than just a mailbox. Ctrl-W and Ctrl-F4 won't close the
panel. The only way I can find to close the panel is right-click then H
(or menu-key then H).

Cheers,

--
Steven
From: Zaidy036 on
On 1/27/2010 8:35 PM, Steven Saunderson wrote:
> On 28 Jan 2010 01:12:02 GMT, Han<nobody(a)nospam.not> wrote:
>
>>> Ctrl-W ?
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>
>> Or Ctrl-F4
>
> I've just realised that maybe the OP is talking about the Mailboxes
> panel rather than just a mailbox. Ctrl-W and Ctrl-F4 won't close the
> panel. The only way I can find to close the panel is right-click then H
> (or menu-key then H).
>
> Cheers,

You are correct, only the panel.

<Rt click>-H should work if the <Rt click> is made within the panel.

I will test and report back.

Thank you,

Eric