From: Chris B on
Hello,
My database appears to have wiped all the code off all my command buttons!
This is the second time that this has happened. I cannot work out what has
happened. Please can someone help, with suggestions of what may be happening?

Thanks

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
What exactly does

"My database appears to have wiped all the code off all my command buttons!"

mean? There's code in the form's module but the buttons don't work? There's
no code in the form's module pertaining to the buttons? What?

Also, you should post the Version/Service Pack you have.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: Mr. B on
Chris B,

If you can provide a little more detail as to what the circumstances were
the first time and then what they were the second time, and any other details
about what your were doing at the time, etc., then someone may be able to
help.

From your very brief statement of a current condition, but no detail history
to even look at, it is impossible to really offer much help.

-----
HTH
Mr. B
http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/
Doctor Access Downloads Page:
http://www.askdoctoraccess.com/DownloadPage.htm

From: Chris B on
Hi Mr. B,

Thanks for your response.

As my database is being used by several users I cannot specify what
cicumstances caused the problem but I will elaborate as much as I can.

I created the buttons in the db using the wizard. All they mainly do is open
other forms, reports etc. When the db was working the properties window for
each button showed "embedded macro" next to "On Click". Now it says "Event
Procedure" and when I click on the three dots to open the code window it is
all blank. This is true for all buttons on every form.

I did create the db in Access 2003 and have recently updated it to Access
2007. Could this have caused the problem?

Does this help? If not I will try and give any more information that I can.
I am self taught on Access, just from tinkering really, so I do not always
know all the technical names for every object and action.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers