From: forest8 on
Hello

I have created a combo box that currently has the names of 8 instructors. As
in life, there may be additions to list of instructors.

How do I set up the code that will add new entries to my combo box so that
it will now appear in the list of instructors?

Thank you in advance.
From: Douglas J. Steele on
Your best bet would be to have a table that includes the list of instructors
and use that as the RowSource of the combo box. You'd then be able to add
(or remove) rows from the table.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

From: Daniel Pineault on
If your combo box is using a table as its source then you can either create a
form to add new records or you can use the Not In List event to add the item
using vba.

If you are currently using a value list as the source for your combo box you
will need to change your design and use one of the methods listed above.

Here are a few links on the subject:
http://www.databasedev.co.uk/not_in_list.html
http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut20.htm
http://www.blueclaw-db.com/access_notinlist_advanced_example.htm
http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=NotInList%3A-Adding-values-to-lookup-tables
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"forest8" wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have created a combo box that currently has the names of 8 instructors. As
> in life, there may be additions to list of instructors.
>
> How do I set up the code that will add new entries to my combo box so that
> it will now appear in the list of instructors?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Pages: 1
Prev: Display Data by reference
Next: User Login Filter