From: tech1NJ on
Assuming that your number start at A2 to A4 and B2 to B4 try this
Highlight B2 to B4, then go to conditional formatting and select "Cell is",
"Equal greaterthan", Select A2 to A4 then choose your format (red).
--
tech1NJ

From: Yrrep on
thanks tech1 NJ from yrrep also in NJ

when I do what you suggest I get the following error message

cannot use direct reference to a worksheet range in a conditional format
formula

Change reference to a single cell, or use reference with a worksheet
function as =sum(a1:e5)

the only way I can get it to work is to do each row one at a time, that 84
times

thanks Microsoft