From: Double Tap on
After years of not having only the text under the icons on the desk

top I now have a box with a solid color behind the text. I tried right

clicking the desk top ad going to properties >appearance >advanced but

I can't find away to remove the color box.

Thanks for the help

From: Alan Edwards on
Four things are required for transparent icon backgrounds:

1.Control Panel-System-Advanced-Performance Settings.
Check "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" on the Visual
Effects tab.

2.Right-click on Desktop - "Arrange Icons by" and ensure Lock Web
items is cleared.

3.Transparency will not work if you have web content on your desktop,
Control Panel - Display Properties - Desktop tab - Customize Desktop -
Web tab. Clear all check boxes.

4. Ensure the Wallpaper is an image file not HTML.

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 22:00:42 -0400, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Double Tap"