From: Double Tap on
This is not a new problem for me. My computer makes a restore point

every day, but the few times over the past year i have tried to go

back to a restore point the computer appears to go through all the

steps but then gives me a message that it can not be restored to try a

different restore point. However no matter which point I pick it will

not restore.

I run XP Home Service Pack 3 with an AMD AthlonXP 3000+

Thanks

From: Richard in AZ on
Have your tried a "Google" or other search engine on the phrase "windows restore not working"?

From: glee on
All About System Restore in WinXP
http://bertk.mvps.org/

System Restore error messages:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/error.html

Troubleshooting steps to take when System Restore fails to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

"Restoration Incomplete. Your computer cannot be restored . . . "
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/symantecdoc1.html

Tips on keeping System Restore healthy:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/healthy.html

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Daave on
Double Tap wrote:
> This is not a new problem for me. My computer makes a restore point
>
> every day, but the few times over the past year i have tried to go
>
> back to a restore point the computer appears to go through all the
>
> steps but then gives me a message that it can not be restored to try a
>
> different restore point. However no matter which point I pick it will
>
> not restore.
>

> I run XP Home Service Pack 3 with an AMD AthlonXP 3000+
>

> Thanks

Hmmm, perhaps we should call you Double Space. :-)

(Seriously, the only time you need to double-space is between
paragraphs.)

Out of curiosity, why do you want to run System Restore in the first
place?

That being said, there are two reasons SR fails:

1. You have malware.

2. You are running a program that interferes with it (examples are Zone
Alarm, certain versions of Kaspersky, and the dreaded Norton). For more
info, see:

http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

If you want to try running SR in Safe Mode with Command Prompt, see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

If you have malware, you really should let us know!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Norton? ZoneAlarm?

Double Tap wrote:
> This is not a new problem for me. My computer makes a restore point
>
> every day, but the few times over the past year i have tried to go
>
> back to a restore point the computer appears to go through all the
>
> steps but then gives me a message that it can not be restored to try a
>
> different restore point. However no matter which point I pick it will
>
> not restore.
>

> I run XP Home Service Pack 3 with an AMD AthlonXP 3000+
>

> Thanks
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: dllhost.exe