From: thumbnail problems on
Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem! I've posted several
questions on various tech sites and I can't find anything that makes sense.
The answer should be right here and I don't know why someone would sugggest
you go elsewhere, or why someone would make sarcastic remarks either.

From: SC Tom on
Did you read Daave's reply? That's pretty straight-forward, easy to follow,
and just about the same answer I was going to post.
--
SC Tom

"thumbnail problems" <thumbnailproblems(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:F5E215AC-0530-43DE-A3F5-AE6A88DE99D1(a)microsoft.com...

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
<plonk>

thumbnail problems wrote:
> Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem! I've posted several
> questions on various tech sites and I can't find anything that makes
> sense.
> The answer should be right here and I don't know why someone would
> sugggest
> you go elsewhere, or why someone would make sarcastic remarks either.
<snip>

From: HeyBub on
Daave wrote:
> Double Tap wrote:
>> This is not a new problem for me. My computer makes a restore point
>>
>> every day, but the few times over the past year i have tried to go
>>
>> back to a restore point the computer appears to go through all the
>>
>> steps but then gives me a message that it can not be restored to try
>> a different restore point. However no matter which point I pick it will
>>
>> not restore.
>>

>> I run XP Home Service Pack 3 with an AMD AthlonXP 3000+
>>

>> Thanks
>
> Hmmm, perhaps we should call you Double Space. :-)
>
> (Seriously, the only time you need to double-space is between
> paragraphs.)
>
> Out of curiosity, why do you want to run System Restore in the first
> place?
>
> That being said, there are two reasons SR fails:
>
> 1. You have malware.
>
> 2. You are running a program that interferes with it (examples are
> Zone Alarm, certain versions of Kaspersky, and the dreaded Norton).
> For more info, see:
>
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
>
> If you want to try running SR in Safe Mode with Command Prompt, see:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449
>
> If you have malware, you really should let us know!

A third reason (there may be more) is that SR is corrupted. This is easily
fixed by turning off SR, removing all restore points, re-booting, and
turning it back on.

From: glee on
I replied with a few links (including the one Daave posted) to pages
that explain the possible causes and how to correct it.

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

"thumbnail problems" <thumbnailproblems(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:F5E215AC-0530-43DE-A3F5-AE6A88DE99D1(a)microsoft.com...
> Did you ever find a solution? I have the same problem! I've posted
> several
> questions on various tech sites and I can't find anything that makes
> sense.
> The answer should be right here and I don't know why someone would
> sugggest
> you go elsewhere, or why someone would make sarcastic remarks either.
>
> "Double Tap" wrote:
>
>> This is not a new problem for me. My computer makes a restore point
>>
>> every day, but the few times over the past year i have tried to go
>>
>> back to a restore point the computer appears to go through all the
>>
>> steps but then gives me a message that it can not be restored to try
>>
>> different restore point. However no matter which point I pick it
>> will
>>
>> not restore.
>>

>> I run XP Home Service Pack 3 with an AMD AthlonXP 3000+
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2