From: rfdjr1 on
I have a photo which when scanned, comes out with too much yellow in it,
especially the face. I've tried fooling with all three colors and can't seem to
correct it. Which color combinations should do it? The only choices I see are
red, green and blue. Thanks.
From: Dave on
rfdjr1(a)optonline.net wrote:
> I have a photo which when scanned, comes out with too much yellow in it,
> especially the face. I've tried fooling with all three colors and can't seem to
> correct it. Which color combinations should do it? The only choices I see are
> red, green and blue. Thanks.

You need to make a "hue" adjustment.

If the level of the adjustment needed is small, you can probably get
away with applying it to the whole picture.

If a stronger adjustment is required, and you don't want to affect the
other parts of the picture, you'll need to create a selection of the
yellow-ish parts (eg. the face), feather the selection, then apply the
hue adjustment.

It may also be beneficial to apply a small hue adjustment to the overall
picture then a little more to the face separately.
From: Don Stauffer on
rfdjr1(a)optonline.net wrote:
> I have a photo which when scanned, comes out with too much yellow in it,
> especially the face. I've tried fooling with all three colors and can't seem to
> correct it. Which color combinations should do it? The only choices I see are
> red, green and blue. Thanks.

How about using the hue, saturation, and lightness function, and
lowering the saturation?
From: "Trev" trev_uk on

"Don Stauffer" <stauffer(a)usfamily.net> wrote in message
> rfdjr1(a)optonline.net wrote:
>> I have a photo which when scanned, comes out with too much yellow in it,
>> especially the face. I've tried fooling with all three colors and can't
>> seem to
>> correct it. Which color combinations should do it? The only choices I see
>> are
>> red, green and blue. Thanks.
>
> How about using the hue, saturation, and lightness function, and lowering
> the saturation?

How about Auto Colour correction. For users of Corel versions They need to
dig it out of unused commands in customize First. Just slide the control to
cooler

From: Whoever on
rfdjr1(a)optonline.net wrote in

> I have a photo which when scanned, comes out with too much yellow in
> it, especially the face. I've tried fooling with all three colors and
> can't seem to correct it. Which color combinations should do it? The
> only choices I see are red, green and blue. Thanks.

It's a little difficult to give you good advice since you didn't give much
info to work with. For instance, which version of PSP are you using? It may
make a difference in what tools are available. Nor is your description very
helpful. It would be MUCH more helpful if there is some way you could show
us the picture in question, or even a small section of it illustrating what
you mean by "too much yellow".

As far as the color yellow is concerned, it is achieved by turning red AND
green up all the way. If the entire photo is too "yellow", then perhaps
turning down both green AND red somewhat would "fix" it.

There have already been a number of good suggestions made in this thread.
Needless to say, there are lots of other tools that could also be used to
"fix" the problem. For instance, Manual Color Correction might work very
well. Or even cranking down the gamma levels for red and green in the
Histogram Adjustment tool.

As a general rule though, the "best" way to "fix" this problem is to do so
at the scanner. This site might help: http://www.scantips.com/

--
Don't bother trying to
contact me via email.