From: GSHATTERHAND on
As the previous posts relate, I have PSP 9 running in Windows 7. I
didn't have the skills to set it up. The fellow who runs my computer
shop did it. Several of you have been good enough to make a number of
suggestions that might improve the situation and I am passing them
along to him, but for now the set up, whatever it is, is the same.

(For instance, every time I start PSP 9 I get the message - Do you
want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes
to this computer? - if that tells you anything. I also get a message
that the Color Scheme Has Been Changed To Windows 7 Basic since
something isn't compatible.)

In the mean time, I have no SCREEN CAPTURE function at all.

When I do FILE - IMPORT - SCREEN CAPTURE, I get the SETUP and START
options. But no matter how I set it up, when I go to the image I want
to capture, I cannot activate the capture. Hot key, right mouse click,
whatever - the capture function does not initiate.

Any comments?
From: "Trev" trev_uk on

"GSHATTERHAND" <gshatterhand(a)aol.com> wrote in message
> As the previous posts relate, I have PSP 9 running in Windows 7. I
> didn't have the skills to set it up. The fellow who runs my computer
> shop did it. Several of you have been good enough to make a number of
> suggestions that might improve the situation and I am passing them
> along to him, but for now the set up, whatever it is, is the same.
>
> (For instance, every time I start PSP 9 I get the message - Do you
> want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes
> to this computer? - if that tells you anything.
Some of my Applications do that But not PSP. In fact the defrag app. is
running in the background all the time but If I want to open it I get that
MSG

I also get a message
> that the Color Scheme Has Been Changed To Windows 7 Basic since
> something isn't compatible.)

That's Normal for any application that does not support the Vista/Win 7 aero
desktop

> In the mean time, I have no SCREEN CAPTURE function at all.
>
> When I do FILE - IMPORT - SCREEN CAPTURE, I get the SETUP and START
> options. But no matter how I set it up, when I go to the image I want
> to capture, I cannot activate the capture. Hot key, right mouse click,
> whatever - the capture function does not initiate.
>
> Any comments?

I hardly ever use the psp one But I tried it and it works for me. I did
setup the import screen cap start navigated to your post and right clicked
and the capture then opened in PSP 9 Incidentally Win 7 Has the Snipping
tool that can make area captures as well as the print screen button

From: GSHATTERHAND on
On Mar 16, 1:07 pm, "Trev" <trev...(a)hotmail.com invalid> wrote:
> "GSHATTERHAND" <gshatterh...(a)aol.com> wrote in message
>
> news:2b860ac1-5790-4463-8121-138fc705f64e(a)q21g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...> As the previous posts relate, I have PSP 9 running in Windows 7. I
> > didn't have the skills to set it up. The fellow who runs my computer
> > shop did it. Several of you have been good enough to make a number of
> > suggestions that might improve the situation and I am passing them
> > along to him, but for now the set up, whatever it is, is the same.
>
> > (For instance, every time I start PSP 9 I get the message - Do you
> > want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes
> > to this computer? - if that tells you anything.
>
> Some of my Applications do that But not PSP. In fact the defrag app.  is
> running in the background all the time but If I want to open it I get that
> MSG
>
> I also get a message
>
> > that the Color Scheme Has Been Changed To Windows 7 Basic since
> > something isn't compatible.)
>
> That's Normal for any application that does not support the Vista/Win 7 aero
> desktop
>

> > In the mean time, I have no SCREEN CAPTURE function at all.
>
> > When I do FILE - IMPORT - SCREEN CAPTURE, I get the SETUP and START
> > options. But no matter how I set it up, when I go to the image I want
> > to capture, I cannot activate the capture. Hot key, right mouse click,
> > whatever - the capture function does not initiate.
>
> > Any comments?
>
> I hardly ever use the psp one But I tried it and it works for me. I did
> setup the import screen cap start navigated to your post and right clicked
> and the capture then opened in PSP 9  Incidentally Win 7 Has the Snipping
> tool that can make area captures as well as the print screen button

Thanks for alerting me to the existence of the snipping tool, Trev! I
tried it and I don't see any reason I can't use it instead.

Gary
From: "Trev" trev_uk on

> On Mar 16, 1:07 pm, "Trev" <trev...(a)hotmail.com invalid> wrote:
>> "GSHATTERHAND" <gshatterh...(a)aol.com> wrote in message

>> As the previous posts relate, I have PSP 9 running in Windows 7. I
>> > didn't have the skills to set it up. The fellow who runs my computer
>> > shop did it. Several of you have been good enough to make a number of
>> > suggestions that might improve the situation and I am passing them
>> > along to him, but for now the set up, whatever it is, is the same.
>>
>> > (For instance, every time I start PSP 9 I get the message - Do you
>> > want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes
>> > to this computer? - if that tells you anything.
>>
>> Some of my Applications do that But not PSP. In fact the defrag app. is
>> running in the background all the time but If I want to open it I get
>> that
>> MSG
>>
>> I also get a message
>>
>> > that the Color Scheme Has Been Changed To Windows 7 Basic since
>> > something isn't compatible.)
>>
>> That's Normal for any application that does not support the Vista/Win 7
>> aero
>> desktop
>>

>> > In the mean time, I have no SCREEN CAPTURE function at all.
>>
>> > When I do FILE - IMPORT - SCREEN CAPTURE, I get the SETUP and START
>> > options. But no matter how I set it up, when I go to the image I want
>> > to capture, I cannot activate the capture. Hot key, right mouse click,
>> > whatever - the capture function does not initiate.
>>
>> > Any comments?
>>
>> I hardly ever use the psp one But I tried it and it works for me. I did
>> setup the import screen cap start navigated to your post and right
>> clicked
>> and the capture then opened in PSP 9 Incidentally Win 7 Has the Snipping
>> tool that can make area captures as well as the print screen button
>
> Thanks for alerting me to the existence of the snipping tool, Trev! I
> tried it and I don't see any reason I can't use it instead.
>
> Gary

As its hidden away I added a shortcut key to it in my case ctrl+shift+S

Pages: 1
Prev: Daryl is right
Next: Color correction