From: gargoyle60 on
Don't want to start a long-winded discussion, just seeking some
general views. . .

I was trained in SQL years ago and was encouraged to use lower-case
letters with words separated for emphasis using the underscore
character, for example:
customer_num, employee_id, invoice_line, transaction_code

I've stuck with this approach ever since, but now that I make use of
oo programming the general standard is to name oo instance variables
without underscores and capitalising all words except the first for
emphasis, such as:
customerNum, employeeId, invoiceLine, transactionCode

However, bridging the gap between relational databases and oo
programming means that when binding table column names to object
variable names, I really need to pick one or the other (you may
disagree but that's my aim).

So, when it comes to naming columns, what are most of you using?
From: gargoyle60 on
Thanks to all who reponded.