From: neilsolent on
Hi

Sorry if this is a very basic question.

I would like to create a window with a CListView (in report mode) and
above the listview's header a CTabCtrl.
The only way I know to do it is to use a splitter and embed the
CTabCtrl in a CFormView.
The trouble is - the window looks very ugly, and space is wasted as
the CFormView seems to require a minimum amount of empty space around
the tab ctrl. Is there a trick for creating such windows?

thanks,
Neil
From: David Wilkinson on
neilsolent wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry if this is a very basic question.
>
> I would like to create a window with a CListView (in report mode) and
> above the listview's header a CTabCtrl.
> The only way I know to do it is to use a splitter and embed the
> CTabCtrl in a CFormView.
> The trouble is - the window looks very ugly, and space is wasted as
> the CFormView seems to require a minimum amount of empty space around
> the tab ctrl. Is there a trick for creating such windows?

I think you are talking about a tabbed view, where each tab golds a different view.

If you search Google or Bing for "tabbed view MFC" you will get several hits.

I myself have used the tabbed view from Dundas' Ultimate Grid, which is now open
source on Codeproject.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: neilsolent on
> I think you are talking about a tabbed view, where each tab golds a different view.
>
> If you search Google or Bing for "tabbed view MFC" you will get several hits.
>
> I myself have used the tabbed view from Dundas' Ultimate Grid, which is now open
> source on Codeproject.

Thanks David. I will have a look at your syggestion, but I don't want
a separate view for each tab. I just need the tab buttons.

From: David Wilkinson on
neilsolent wrote:
>> I think you are talking about a tabbed view, where each tab golds a different view.
>>
>> If you search Google or Bing for "tabbed view MFC" you will get several hits.
>>
>> I myself have used the tabbed view from Dundas' Ultimate Grid, which is now open
>> source on Codeproject.
>>

> Thanks David. I will have a look at your syggestion, but I don't want
> a separate view for each tab. I just need the tab buttons.

Then I guess it's not clear to me what is being shown in the different tabs.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
From: Tom Serface on
Take a look at this and see if it will work for you:

Tom

"neilsolent" <n(a)solenttechnology.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I think you are talking about a tabbed view, where each tab golds a
>> different view.
>>
>> If you search Google or Bing for "tabbed view MFC" you will get several
>> hits.
>>
>> I myself have used the tabbed view from Dundas' Ultimate Grid, which is
>> now open
>> source on Codeproject.
>>

> Thanks David. I will have a look at your syggestion, but I don't want
> a separate view for each tab. I just need the tab buttons.
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Combine list view with a tab ctrl
Next: type question