From: Frank on
Is the following possible

I have Table 1 with Field IDTable1 [autonumber] [and other fields] and Table
2 with Field IDTable2 [autonumber] and Field GRV set to text [and other
Fields]
Is the following posibble:
Can I automatically generate a number that can be used in GRV field of Table
2 consisting out of a combination of IDTable1 and IDTable2 written as
IDTable1/IDTable2 in the GRV field of Table 2, Example IDtbale1 [primarykey
autonumber] combined with IDTableT [primary key autonumber] automatically
written in the GRV field of Table 2 as example 12/100

I want this GRV number as a unique number identifying the data in Table 1
and Table 2

Thanks for your time
From: NG on
Hi Frank,

sure, this is possible, but I can't see why you would want to do this. As I
understand it you want to denormalize your tables, which is seldom a good
idea.
Your tables already have a unique primary key field, and calculations can
always be made in a query.
--
Kind regards
Noƫlla

From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
Is there a connection between the two tables? I agree that there is no
reason to save the calculated value, but for any purposes of combining values
(including calculations) you need to specify from which records the field
values will be obtained.

Frank wrote:
>Is the following possible
>
>I have Table 1 with Field IDTable1 [autonumber] [and other fields] and Table
>2 with Field IDTable2 [autonumber] and Field GRV set to text [and other
>Fields]
>Is the following posibble:
>Can I automatically generate a number that can be used in GRV field of Table
>2 consisting out of a combination of IDTable1 and IDTable2 written as
>IDTable1/IDTable2 in the GRV field of Table 2, Example IDtbale1 [primarykey
>autonumber] combined with IDTableT [primary key autonumber] automatically
>written in the GRV field of Table 2 as example 12/100
>
>I want this GRV number as a unique number identifying the data in Table 1
>and Table 2
>
>Thanks for your time

Pages: 1
Prev: MassageBox