From: Charles in Burbank - film capital Charles in Burbank - film on
I edited a film into two pieces removing a part that was poor.
I saved the first half as part 1 and the second as part 2.
Later I returned and tried to load the two parts and combine.
I cannot load - I load part 1 and then part 2 which removes part 1.
It would seem that files would upload normally and allow for combining, but
I can not get it to happen.

I do not find any part of the program intuitive. Help was no help; I tried
holding down the shift key, etc

Help please

From: John Inzer on
Charles in Burbank - film capital wrote:
> I edited a film into two pieces removing a part that was poor.
> I saved the first half as part 1 and the second as part 2.
> Later I returned and tried to load the two parts and combine.
> I cannot load - I load part 1 and then part 2 which removes part 1.
> It would seem that files would upload normally and allow for
> combining, but I can not get it to happen.
>
> I do not find any part of the program intuitive. Help was no help; I
> tried holding down the shift key, etc
>
> Help please
==============================
Sounds like you only saved your work as
..mswmm project files. If you reopen the
..mswmm files one at a time and save in the
..wmv movie format...you can then import the
two .wmv files, drag them to the timeline and
save as a single movie file.

To save as a .wmv movie file...
Type...Ctrl+P to open the Save Movie Wizard /
Choose...My Computer /
Next /
Enter a Name and a Save Location /
Next /
Tick...'Best Quality For My Computer'
Next/
Wait while the movie is saved /
Finish...

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Todd W Todd on
Thanks John, I had the same problem as Charles and with the technique you
described I was able to import my saved project. The only problem is that the
imported project is now in 17 parts instead of the one whole that I saved.
Any ideas??
Thanks

From: John Inzer on
Todd W wrote:
> Thanks John, I had the same problem as Charles and with the technique
> you described I was able to import my saved project. The only problem
> is that the imported project is now in 17 parts instead of the one
> whole that I saved. Any ideas??
> Thanks
=============================
Yes...I have an idea.....

On the 'Import File' screen...uncheck
the box: 'Create Clips For Video Files'.

BTW...the number of clips on the Timeline
is not an issue when 'Saving Movie File'...
the result will be a single movie file.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Todd W on
That did it!! THANKS!!

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Todd W wrote:
> > Thanks John, I had the same problem as Charles and with the technique
> > you described I was able to import my saved project. The only problem
> > is that the imported project is now in 17 parts instead of the one
> > whole that I saved. Any ideas??
> > Thanks
> =============================
> Yes...I have an idea.....
>
> On the 'Import File' screen...uncheck
> the box: 'Create Clips For Video Files'.
>
> BTW...the number of clips on the Timeline
> is not an issue when 'Saving Movie File'...
> the result will be a single movie file.
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience