From: TL on
That is exactly what I am doing.

I open the form in design view, right click at the bottom of the form and
open properties, click on "After Update" event, clicking to the far right of
that line and opening code builder, then entering code there.

From: TL on
That is exactly what I am doping.

Opening the form in design view, right-clicking at bottom of form and
opening properties, going to the event tab, clicking to the right of the
"After Update" to open up the code and typing in my code.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 04:43:02 -0700, TL <TL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>LOTOTable (LOTOGroups field) -> LOTOFrmADD (subform) - which has the
>LOTOGroups field with the On Update code of the form set to
>"Me.Parent!LOTOGroup.Requery"

Odd. Try

Forms!EquipmentFrm!LOTOGroup.Requery
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: TL on
Receive Run-Time Error 438 - Object doen't support this property or method.

Am I wrong to assume that 2nd form (LOTOFrmADD) that I open from the 1st
Form (EquipmentFrm) is not truely a subform but rather just another form -
could this be the isse?

I'm about ready to place a "Refresh" button on the EquipmentFrm form and be
done, which I have tried and does work to update the combo field.

From: Armen Stein on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:13:01 -0700, TL <TL(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Am I wrong to assume that 2nd form (LOTOFrmADD) that I open from the 1st
>Form (EquipmentFrm) is not truely a subform but rather just another form -
>could this be the isse?

Whoa there! If you "open" a Form2 from Form1, then Form2 is *just a
form*, not a subform at all. That may be the cause of all your
confusion.

A subform is a form that resides in a *subform control*, on another
form often called the "main form".

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com