From: Chris on
To John W Vinson:
Any chance of an answer to my previous question, as follows? I really would
appreciate your help; you're my last hope!

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:21:01 -0800, Chris <Chris(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a Track Artists table with field headings: Track Artist ID, Track
> >Artist, Recording ID & Track ID. There are 3 names entered.
> >When I click on a Track Artist field in the Sub-forn, a down arrow appears.
> >If I click on the arrow a drop-down list appears but it is empty. When I
> >double click on the field, nothing happans.
> >As far as I can see, I have set this combo box up the same as the ones for
> >Music Category and Artist but I just can't enter any names.
> >My Tracks table does have a field for Track Artist.
> >One Track Artist per track is sufficient for my needs.
> >Hope this makes things a bit clearer.
>
> The Track Artist table is not needed then. Just put a TrackArtistID field in
> the Tracks table (so you can enter just one ID for that track).
>
> You will not be able to type new names into a combo box with your current
> structure; what you'll need is some code in the combo box's NotInList event to
> pop up an Artists form when a new entry is needed.
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .
> John: sorry for the delay in replying. I do appreciate your help.
Surely I do need a Track Artist Table to store all the names, so that I
don't have to ebter the same name every time it occurs? Music Category and
Artist both have tables and forms behind their combo boxes.
Can you suggest what code I would need?