From: Byron on
I have the following control on my form that works sometimes and not other
times:
TOTAL FTE
Control Source =[FTE]+[AFF_FTE] (fields from underlying query)

When I first open the form, I get the #Name error, then it will go away
after viewing the form in design view, but not actually changing anything.

Also, in a related error on the same form is a combo box that selects a
specific record (after update). Again, when I first open the form it doesn't
work. Error is "Return without GoSub."

THEN, for no apparent reason, the combo box and after update event begin to
mysteriously work.

Any ideas what is causing these errors to "come and go?"

I have compiled, compacted and repaired.
--
Thanks,
Byron
From: Jerry Whittle on
If it was just the first error, I'd say to create that calculated field in
the query and do the work there. But then you have the second strange error...

You've C&R plus compiled. Still I think that something may be corrupted.
Open a new Access file and import everything from the problem database into
it. If something won't import, it was corrupt.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

From: Byron on
Jerry,
Thanks for the advice. The new database imported all of my objects
successfully and the errors are not present.

Chalk it up to Microsoft Gremlins....
--
Byron