From: pschmuckie on
I have two tables 1) vendor list and 2) Financial Data...
The vendor list holds the vendors information, the financial data houses
certain key information from the vendors financials for each quarter.

As I update the form that populates the financial data with the financial
statement date 1Q10 (First quarter 2010) I want Access to update the vendor
list table to indicate that the 1Q financial statement has been received.
Essentially, need access to CLICK the box indicating the statements have been
received.

Any ideas on how to make that happen? I've tried default values and update
queries but neither of those will work.
From: golfinray on
Build an update query to update the fileds you want. Then put a command
button on your from and go to the onclick event in properties. Start the code
builder and type Currentdb.execute ("name of your query")
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
pschmuckie wrote:
>I have two tables 1) vendor list and 2) Financial Data...
>The vendor list holds the vendors information, the financial data houses
>certain key information from the vendors financials for each quarter.
>
>As I update the form that populates the financial data with the financial
>statement date 1Q10 (First quarter 2010) I want Access to update the vendor
>list table to indicate that the 1Q financial statement has been received.

I have a question: What will you do when you want to be sure the vendor's 2Q
financial statement has been received? It sounds to me like this information
should go in the Financial Data table, and not the Vendors table.

To answer your question, though... use the AfterUpdate event of the form to
set the indicator. Not that I recommend doing it this way, but it's what you
asked.

Pages: 1
Prev: Come and go errors?
Next: DISABLED FORM