From: David Youngblood on
"Ivar" <ivar.ekstrome000r(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Done a bit more digging
> CommDlgExtendedError returns 2, = CDERR_INITIAZATION
> According to MSDN CDERR_INITIAZATION =
> The common dialog function failed during initialization. This error often
> occurs when sufficient memory is not available.
> Can anyone else duplicate this.

I ran into this same error last week on win7 32-bit when running if the
win98 compatibility mode. It was failing if both compiled apps and the IDE.
Just tried it again, the dialog still fails initialization in a compiled app
with win95 or win98 compatibility mode, but works ok in the IDE.

David

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: RIP DLLHelp