From: jmar on
The folder size within Outlook for my 'Personal Folder' was in excess of
400,000 KB and my 'Archive Folder' was in excess of 500,000 KB. The disc
space on the server showed the Archive.pst file ('Archive Folder') at 533,217
KB and the Outlook.pst file ('Personal Folder') at 408,721 KB.

I deleting over 2500 messages in both the Archive and Personal folders and
emptying the 'Deleted item' folders in both the Archive and Personal folders.
The resulting file sizes within outlook are 9,158 KB for the 'Personal
Folder' and 63,690 KB for the 'Archive Folder'. After compacting the files
the Archive .pst file went down to 71,441 KB of disc space but the
Outlook.pst file does not change. The Compacting of the Archive Folder took
about 10-12 minutes but when compacting the Personal Folder it show
"Compacting...." but the message goes away after about 2 seconds. I have
tried a lot of different things multiple times without success.

Can someone help me?

From: Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) on
close Outlook. count to 15. Open it again and recheck the size of the files.
I think you'll find it did reduce.

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"jmar" <jmar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The folder size within Outlook for my 'Personal Folder' was in excess of
> 400,000 KB and my 'Archive Folder' was in excess of 500,000 KB. The disc
> space on the server showed the Archive.pst file ('Archive Folder') at
> 533,217
> KB and the Outlook.pst file ('Personal Folder') at 408,721 KB.

This doesn't address your problem, but you should not be keeping PSTs on
network shares. It's not supported and you risk damaging the PSTs enough to
make them unrecoverable except from a backup.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]