From: Bryan Dickerson on
I have a user control with a collection and class definition in it. I put
the collection and class definitions there to be centralized (Deborah Kurata
should be proud of my re-factored code!). I also have 2 other class
definitions in 2 other modules (DLLs) that will each have 1 of these
collections hanging off of them. The flow of the program goes thus:
1. Document populates object which contains one of these collections.
2. Document passes reference to collection to user control which uses
collection and passes collection back when done.

So what does "Compile Error: Object library invalid or contains references
to object definitions that could not be found." mean??? The error message
highlights the collection property on one of my document objects.

I guess the real first question is: does any of this make sense to anyone
other than me?

From: Ken Halter on
"Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan(a)netscape.net> wrote in message
>I have a user control with a collection and class definition in it. I put
> the collection and class definitions there to be centralized (Deborah
> Kurata
> should be proud of my re-factored code!). I also have 2 other class
> definitions in 2 other modules (DLLs) that will each have 1 of these
> collections hanging off of them. The flow of the program goes thus:
> 1. Document populates object which contains one of these collections.
> 2. Document passes reference to collection to user control which uses
> collection and passes collection back when done.
>
> So what does "Compile Error: Object library invalid or contains references
> to object definitions that could not be found." mean??? The error message
> highlights the collection property on one of my document objects.
>
> I guess the real first question is: does any of this make sense to anyone
> other than me?

I've never seen that error here but..... maybe, one of these will help.

Results 1 - 9 of about 14 for "Object library invalid or contains
references" -dotnet group:*.vb.*. (1.31 seconds)
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?as_epq=Object%20library%20invalid%20or%20contains%20references&as_eq=dotnet&safe=images&as_ugroup=*.vb.*&as_scoring=d&lr=&num=100&hl=en

btw... you _almost_ got the "no .Net here" warning with that "re-factor"
statement ;-)

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - http://www.vbsight.com
Please keep all discussions in the groups..

From: Bryan Dickerson on

"Ken Halter" <Ken_Halter(a)Use_Sparingly_Hotmail.com> wrote in message

> btw... you _almost_ got the "no .Net here" warning with that "re-factor"
> statement ;-)

Sorry, just got back from VS Live! in San Fran last week. Attended two of
Deb's talks which were good as usual. I think I learned the most from Billy
Hollis when he said "Stop writing code!". It was good you should go
sometime in stealth mode.

From: Bryan Dickerson on
I looked thru all of these references and nothing even seems close. This is
a real bummer, 'cause I really wanted to have my collection definitions in
just one place. NE other ideas? I'm pretty desperate here.
How else would I pass a collection from 1 of 2 different sources to a user
control so that the UC could work with it?? Would more realistic examples
help?

"Ken Halter" <Ken_Halter(a)Use_Sparingly_Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan(a)netscape.net> wrote in message
> >I have a user control with a collection and class definition in it. I
put
> > the collection and class definitions there to be centralized (Deborah
> > Kurata
> > should be proud of my re-factored code!). I also have 2 other class
> > definitions in 2 other modules (DLLs) that will each have 1 of these
> > collections hanging off of them. The flow of the program goes thus:
> > 1. Document populates object which contains one of these collections.
> > 2. Document passes reference to collection to user control which uses
> > collection and passes collection back when done.
> >
> > So what does "Compile Error: Object library invalid or contains
references
> > to object definitions that could not be found." mean??? The error
message
> > highlights the collection property on one of my document objects.
> >
> > I guess the real first question is: does any of this make sense to
anyone
> > other than me?
>
> I've never seen that error here but..... maybe, one of these will help.
>
> Results 1 - 9 of about 14 for "Object library invalid or contains
> references" -dotnet group:*.vb.*. (1.31 seconds)

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?as_epq=Object%20library%20invalid%20or%20contains%20references&as_eq=dotnet&safe=images&as_ugroup=*.vb.*&as_scoring=d&lr=&num=100&hl=en

> btw... you _almost_ got the "no .Net here" warning with that "re-factor"
> statement ;-)
>

> --
> Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - http://www.vbsight.com
> Please keep all discussions in the groups..

Pages: 1
Prev: Msgbox beep
Next: Flexgrid Sort