From: Milo on
I am trying to sort my flexgrid.......here is my code:

flxHistory.Sort = flexSortGenericDescending

I have in column 0 a date (dd/mm/yyyy) and column 1 a time (hh:mm:ss)

I want to sort latest at top but it isnt working!!! It is sorting by date fine, the time column not so well though. It sorts by hour fine but the minutes are all over the place! Look here to get a better view:

http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/milo/flex.jpg

--
Many Regards,
Milo
From: Charles Krug on
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:10:18 +0000, Milo <Milo@[> wrote:
> I am trying to sort my flexgrid.......here is my code:
>
> flxHistory.Sort = flexSortGenericDescending
>
> I have in column 0 a date (dd/mm/yyyy) and column 1 a time (hh:mm:ss)
>
> I want to sort latest at top but it isnt working!!! It is sorting by date fine, the time column not so well though. It sorts by hour fine but the minutes are all over the place! Look here to get a better view:
>
> http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/milo/flex.jpg

What's the source of your data? If you're getting records from a
database, you can use an Order By clause, and simply insert the records
in the order they appear..

If memory serves, a flexgrid uses lexical ordering, which might not work
as you expect for nonstring values.

From: Milo on
I have the data in a msaccess database and am inporting it via ado

Many Regards,
Milo

From: mscir on
Milo wrote:

> I am trying to sort my flexgrid.......here is my code:
> flxHistory.Sort = flexSortGenericDescending
>
> I have in column 0 a date (dd/mm/yyyy) and column 1 a time (hh:mm:ss)
>
> I want to sort latest at top but it isnt working!!! It is sorting by
> date fine, the time column not so well though. It sorts by hour fine
> but the minutes are all over the place! Look here to get a better view:
>
> http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/milo/flex.jpg

There may be an advantage to allowing the user to sort the grid by
clicking on the columns. If so:

http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_sort_flexgrid.html

I use this to sort a FlexGrid (in the Flexgrid click event): it uses an
array to keep track of which direction the last sort performed on each
column was, so subsequent clicks on the same column title will reverse
the sort order of that column. The array is initialized to a value not
equal to flexSortGenericAscending or flexSortGenericDescending.

If GridRow = 0 Then
'user clicked on column title row
'sort grid on clicked column asc/desc based on array contents
.col = col
.Redraw = False
If LastSort(col) = flexSortGenericAscending Then
'last sort on this col was ascending
'update array w/ new sort direction
LastSort(col) = flexSortGenericDescending
.Sort = flexSortGenericDescending
Else
'last sort on this col was descending
'update array w/ new sort direction
LastSort(col) = flexSortGenericAscending
Sort = flexSortGenericAscending
End If
.Redraw = True
End If
From: mscir on
> Milo wrote:
>
>> I am trying to sort my flexgrid.......here is my code:
>> flxHistory.Sort = flexSortGenericDescending
>>
>> I have in column 0 a date (dd/mm/yyyy) and column 1 a time (hh:mm:ss)
>>
>> I want to sort latest at top but it isnt working!!! It is sorting by
>> date fine, the time column not so well though. It sorts by hour fine
>> but the minutes are all over the place! Look here to get a better view:
>>
>> http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/milo/flex.jpg

Sorry, I didn't read your message through before posting useless
information.