From: Space Elf on
I have multiple workbooks for different projects. they are all in separate
sub folders. Within each wookbook is a worksheet I call Bug. The Bug sheet
pulls the data from that workbook which I need in a separate master workbook.

I want to pull the data from every Bug worksheet into my master workbook
without having to open each file to force it to update. I can do it cell by
cell using a direct link but that is a lot of work.

I have compiled a list of each workbook including the path. I can use that
path and get the data using =INDIRECT(ADDRESS(2,3,,,F3) where F3 is the path.
However, I have to open that file to get an update.

Is there a way to do this in Excel 2003 without having to open each file for
updates?

Thanks,

Tim
From: Jacob Skaria on
You can download an add-in called Morefunc which has a function called
INDIRECT.EXT that will work if the source book is closed

http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)