From: General Schvantzkoph on
I want to be able to generate an encrypted netlist of a core using
Quartus. Does Quartus have a switch that allows you to compile a design
that doesn't fit into an FPGA? The issue is that the ports on the core
exceed the number of pins on any device.

From: Nial Stewart on
"General Schvantzkoph" <schvantzkoph(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I want to be able to generate an encrypted netlist of a core using
> Quartus. Does Quartus have a switch that allows you to compile a design
> that doesn't fit into an FPGA? The issue is that the ports on the core
> exceed the number of pins on any device.

There are settings to allow you to compile lower level entites for incremental
compilation, although I can't remember what they are.

A quick search shows that 'virtual pin' might be what you're looking for, or lead
in the right direction.

Nial.

From: General Schvantzkoph on
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:25:58 +0000, Nial Stewart wrote:

> "General Schvantzkoph" <schvantzkoph(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I want to be able to generate an encrypted netlist of a core using
>> Quartus. Does Quartus have a switch that allows you to compile a design
>> that doesn't fit into an FPGA? The issue is that the ports on the core
>> exceed the number of pins on any device.
>

> There are settings to allow you to compile lower level entites for
> incremental compilation, although I can't remember what they are.
>
> A quick search shows that 'virtual pin' might be what you're looking
> for, or lead in the right direction.
>

> Nial.

Thanks, that sounds like what I want.