From: andrew on
hi,

in my IIS6 metabase, i've set HcPriority="10" for deflate, and
HcPriority="1" for gzip, but i still get gzip-compressed responses when the
Accept-Encoding header of the request is set to "gzip, deflate". i do get
deflate-compresed responses if the header is "deflate, gzip", but i expect
that the server will use HcPriority to decide on the compression scheme,
rather than the order of the schemes in the request.

any ideas why this is happening?

thanks,

andrew

From: Andrew Morton on
andrew wrote:
> in my IIS6 metabase, i've set HcPriority="10" for deflate, and
> HcPriority="1" for gzip, but i still get gzip-compressed responses
> when the Accept-Encoding header of the request is set to "gzip,
> deflate". i do get deflate-compresed responses if the header is
> "deflate, gzip", but i expect that the server will use HcPriority to
> decide on the compression scheme, rather than the order of the
> schemes in the request.
>
> any ideas why this is happening?

At a first glance, you should be setting it to a number rather than a
string, i.e. drop the quotes.

"HcPriority Metabase Property"
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781576%28WS.10%29.aspx

I could be completely wrong.

Or perhaps you could use qvalues as in section 14.3 of

Andrew

From: andrew on
hi andrew,

> At a first glance, you should be setting it to a number rather than a
> string, i.e. drop the quotes.

IIS metabase is an xml file, and HcPriority is an attribute of a node. xml
attribute values have to be enclosed in quotation marks, so the quotes are
definitely correct.

> Or perhaps you could use qvalues as in section 14.3 of
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html

i probably could if i could control all the browsers in the world :)

any other ideas?