From: Scott on
Hi,

Im hosting a few asp apps on IIS6 , each with there own app pool. Sometimes
a single app pool shows very high CPU usage. I can use iisapp.vbs to match
the w3wp.exe service in task manager (the one showing the high cpu usage) to
the application pool and therefore know what site is causing the problem. I
can use the SQL profiler to see large reports creating large XML files ....
this is one of the reasons for the high cpu usage %.

My problem is that sometimes high cpu usage is displayed and nothing is
logged in SQL,i.e db behaviour is normal, no large querys running or have
finished executed.

How can i track down what is happening within the app pool , what is using
up the cpu resource when it not a large db query/xml file ?

Thanks
Scott

From: Ken Schaefer on
You will need to use a debugger. You can use adplus or IISState etc to dump
the process and find out which threads are using the most CPU.

If you want real-time analysis, try using Process Explorer (sysinternals
tool)

Cheers
Ken

--