From: John Selck on
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:45:44 +0200, christianlott1
<christianlott1(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mar 29, 6:12 pm, "John Selck" <selck...(a)t-online.de> wrote:
>
>> I took these ones are from Wikipedia:
>>
>> PRINT 0+""+-0
>>
>> Press RUN/STOP and RESTORE, then enter: POKE781,96:SYS58251
>
> My computer crashes/freezes after the print. R/S won't work. From
> VICE, the PRINT resets the machine.

It's two not one.
From: vic20owner on
On Mar 30, 9:11 am, "christianlott1" <christianlo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> vic20owner, how could they replace the hard drive and you still have
> the client program in his machine? Was it one of these autoboot-from-
> network programs you squeezed into the network initialization?

The didn't re-install windows, they just manually copied the entire
file system from one drive to the other.

The program was started from the StartMenu-> run entry in the
registry.

From: Guy Macon on

Back when I was the "Commodore Answer Man" -- running a Q&A session
and answering any and all questions -- at my local Orange County, CA
CTUG meeting, I wrote a ML routine that let me type on a C64 but would
display "You aren't Guy Macon! I only work for Guy Macon!!" if
anyone else tried. You could watch as carefully as you wish and never
catch on to what I was doing differently. The trick was that I had
trained myself to press the next key before releasing the last one.
I believe Craig Bruce did something similar he called a three-key
rollover program.

Guy Macon
<http://www.guymacon.com/>

From: Glenn P., on
On 30-Mar-07 at 6:55am -0700, <vic20owner(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: vic20owner(a)yahoo.com <vic20owner(a)yahoo.com>

Ah!!! A Commodorean after my own heart! :) Check out MY address!

(Be sure to remove the obvious Spamblock when you do...) :)

-- %%%%%%%% "Glenn P.," <C128UserDELETE-THIS(a)FVI.Net> %%%%%%%%
"Ladies and gentlemen, I have a grave announcement to
make: both the observations of science and the evidence of
our eyes, lead to the inescapable assumption, that those
strange beings who landed in the Jersey farmlands tonight,
are the vanguard of an invading army from the planet Mars."
Orson Welles and The Mercury Theatre On The Air
"The War Of The Worlds" Panic Broadcast of 30-Oct-1938.

:: Take Note Of The Spam Block On My E-Mail Address! ::
From: David Murray on
> trained myself to press the next key before releasing the last one.
> I believe Craig Bruce did something similar he called a three-key
> rollover program.

That is pretty good. Do you still have this program somewhere so I
could try it out?