From: Dr. Dave Dr. on
Configured a network of three computers using windows xp network wizard. Two
of the computers can see shared files on the third computer. However, one of
the network computers cannot see the shared files on the other two computers.
Using ping in the command window confirms that all computers are connected
to each other. However, when I run ipconfig/all in the command window, I see
that for two of the computers, the DNS suffix Search List is the name of the
workgroup. The DNS suffix search list for the third computer is the name of
another network that is connected (when enabled) by a VPN client. How do I
fix this problem so that all of the network computers can see the shared
files on the other network computers?
From: Bob Lin (MS-MVP) on
This is a good questing. I assume we can fix this issue by enabling NetBIOS
over TCP/IP. If not, please post the results of ipconfig all here.

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net