From: briank on
I have a text box (Text586) in the Detail Section that is based upon a
dlookup command and shows either a 1 or 0. I would like the text box in the
Report Footer (txt589) to be visible if the value count of Text586 >0. This
report can be run with different parameters that could show the detail
section as one record or 20 records. My code works just only when there is
one record in the report.

If Me.Text586 > 0 Then
Me.Text589.Visible = True
Else
End If
From: Duane Hookom on
You use DLookup() or DCount() or just count() or something in the report
footer.

I generally consider DLookup() or similar in reports a big waste of
resources. There are typically more efficient methods for displaying data.

If you need a more accurate answer, consider telling us something about your
DLookup() and report's record source.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

From: briank on
Currently the data source is derived from a stored procedure. The Text586 is
a dlookup function residing in my Detail section. I originally tried to use
a text box in my footer with the code =sum([Text586]) but when created my
report would never pop up. I'm assuming that there was a conflict of sorts
that made this difficult. Therefore I thought that utilizing a VBA approach
was a good way of making this work.

From: Duane Hookom on
You can't use
=Sum([A Control Name Here])
It just doesn't work.
If you want to find out about solutions that might work, you need to provide
more significant information about the records in the report's record source
and the source of the other values you want to display in your report.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: briank on
The records in the report's record source contains approx 100 - 1500 people
depending on the parameters that the end user picks (there is a pop up menu
that holds a few combo boxes and radio buttons). The fields in the details
are mostly bound while the fields in the footers are mostly unbound (although
some are calculations i.e. sums of the appropriate fields in the detail
section). I have a dlookup text box in the Detail section (alongside bound
fields) that is based upon conditions in another table and this report
(=IIf(DLookUp("[PROV_UHC_CAT_NUM]","[tblMain]","[UHC ID]='" & [Provider ID] &
"' And [FiscalYearInd]=2010")<>DLookUp("[PROV_UHC_CAT_NUM]","[tblMain]","[UHC
ID]='" & [Provider ID] & "' And [FiscalYearInd]=2009"),1,0))

My desired approach is to use VBA to unhide a text box in the footer section
based solely on if the sum of the dlookup across the detail section is >0.
Does this clarify?