From: mr3316a via AccessMonster.com on
In Access 2007 is there any code or add-ins that I can use to have more than
3 conditions on a continous form?

From: Jeff Boyce on
If you need to alter the form's display for more than 3 conditions, have you
looked into creating a procedure "behind" the form? Take a look at the
"Select Case" expression...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Marshall Barton on
mr3316a via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>In Access 2007 is there any code or add-ins that I can use to have more than
>3 conditions on a continous form?

No, but you can fake it with a lot of fudging.

The idea is to stack text boxes on top or each other, each
one giving you 3 more conditions and ForeColor settings.

Make sure the text boxes have their Top and Left properties
set the same way. Use Format - Send to Back to get them in
the right z-order

All the text boxes except the one all the way in the back
need to have their BackStyle set to Transparent (you can not
use the BackColor property). The text boxes can use
expressions like:

For text box1:
=Switch(condition1,1, condition2,2, condition3,3,
True,Null)

For text box2:
=Switch(condition4,4, condition5,5, condition6,6,
True,Null)
. . .

The CF1 conditions would be:
1
2
3
and CF2"
4
5
6
etc.

A2010 has many more that 3 conditions so this kind of
fooling around is not needed there.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]