From: Coco212 on
Using MS 2007, I have a column that has 40 sets of three rows; the rows are
for three seperate years for 40 different schools that are included in the
chart.

The cells I am workign with show the performance indicator - a number - for
each of the three years for the school in that set.

I need to compare the three numbers for each set and show which set of three
shows gains, and eventaully determine the highest performer over the three
years.

Sample:
# SCHOOL YEAR
60 AVE 2008-09
61 AVE 2007-08
53 AVE 2006-07
69 BCE 2008-09
53 BCE 2007-08
56 BCE 2006-07
63 CPE 2008-09
64 CPE 2007-08
84 CPE 2006-07

How do I conditionally format the sets of numbers to show gain or loss
compared to the row beneath it?

Or a better suggestion for finding the highest performing school considering
the three years of performance?
THANKS!
Synthia