From: T. Valko on
>Can I select the entire sheet and apply a conditional format

Ok, just like the entire row, the *entire* sheet is probably overkill!

Let's say you have data in the range A18: J500. Just select that specific
range the way I described in my other post. Or, an easier way to select
large ranges is to type the range address in the name box. That little "box"
immediately above the column A header that tells you what cell is selected.

Type in the range such as A18:J500 then hit Enter. The range will be
selected and A18 will be the active cell.

Then set the formatting just as I explained in my other post. The formula
will be the same:

=$A18="total"

--
Biff