From: orographicfish via AccessMonster.com on
I'm trying to put together a report in Access 2007 where the detail record is
displayed as a different background color depending on the value of a field.
There are more than 3 conditions, so I've opted to attempt this via VBA. It
works- but only in print preview.... Why? I can't figure out what I'm doing
wrong. I'm sure it's something simple, but I'd really appreciate some help
on this one.

Code:

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)

Select Case Me![Status]
Case 8
Me![Text43].BackColor = RGB(165, 165, 79)
Me![Text43].BackStyle = 1

Case 1
Me![Text43].BackColor = vbCyan
Me![Text43].BackStyle = 1
Case 2 To 3
Me![Text43].BackColor = vbRed
Me![Text43].BackStyle = 1
Case 4, 5, 7
Me![Text43].BackColor = vbGreen
Me![Text43].BackStyle = 1
Case Else
Me![Text43].BackColor = vbYellow
Me![Text43].BackStyle = 1
End Select
End Sub

From: Duane Hookom on
Code will only run in Print and Print Preview modes.

--
Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: orographicfish via AccessMonster.com on
Is there a way to conditionally format the background appearance of the
detail section based on a field's value in Report View? I need this to work
for display- not just for printing.

From: Duane Hookom on
Use the print preview.