From: JMay on
In setting up a application where clients master info is to be entered,
would/should I have one frmDataEntry and another frmViewClientData,
since the frmDataEntry will involve strict Entry but with the
frmViewClientData
I want to utilize the various methods of SEARCHING for Client data, using
ComboBoxes (drop downs) to select client of interest. I've always been
confused by this. Can someone clarify to me?

TIA,

Jim
From: Jeanette Cunningham on
You can use the same form for data entry and viewing/editing data.
You can also have 2 separate forms, one for data entry, and one for
view/edit the data.
Some people put a 'New' button on the edit form. User clicks the 'New'
button to open a form to add a new client.

To search using a combo box, you can use the combo box wizard to put a combo
in the header of the search client form.
The wizard will do the code for you, just use the option to find a record -
or words something like that.

The search client form will be based on a query using the client table. Make
it a continuous form. Set its allow additions property to No, to avoid a
blank screen when there are not matching records.
Also set allow edits to no and delete to no.

Put a button in the detail section. When user clicks the button, the client
edit/view form opens to the ClientID on that row where the button was
clicked.

From: JMay on
Thanks Jeanette - VERY helpful!!