From: Achit via AccessMonster.com on
I Have 2 question
1.I want maximize view of form, when I move to another computer, the view of
form not flexible, it means on computer A the view is normal(maximize), but
on computer B the view is mess.What should I do????

2.How to open excel files using command button on access vba.
I have syntax
Dim stAppName as string

stAppName="Excel.exe C:\Myspreedsheet.xls"
Call shell(stAppName, vbMaximizedFocus)

it works but When I use:
stAppName="Excel.exe C:\Audit\Myspreedsheet.xls"
it doesn't work..What should I do if I want open file in folder or subfolder??
??

From: fredg on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:50:21 GMT, Achit via AccessMonster.com wrote:

> I Have 2 question
> 1.I want maximize view of form, when I move to another computer, the view of
> form not flexible, it means on computer A the view is normal(maximize), but
> on computer B the view is mess.What should I do????
>
> 2.How to open excel files using command button on access vba.
> I have syntax
> Dim stAppName as string
>
> stAppName="Excel.exe C:\Myspreedsheet.xls"
> Call shell(stAppName, vbMaximizedFocus)
>
> it works but When I use:
> stAppName="Excel.exe C:\Audit\Myspreedsheet.xls"
> it doesn't work..What should I do if I want open file in folder or subfolder??
> ??

Is the file name Myspreedsheet or Myspreadsheet?
Make sure you've spelled it correctly.
Is it in a Folder named "Audit"?
Assuming the file is actually named MySpreadsheet, why not simply use:

Application.FollowHyperlink "c:\Audit\MySpreadsheet.xls"

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
From: Dirk Goldgar on
"Achit via AccessMonster.com" <u58969(a)uwe> wrote in message
>I Have 2 question
> 1.I want maximize view of form, when I move to another computer, the view
> of
> form not flexible, it means on computer A the view is normal(maximize),
> but
> on computer B the view is mess.What should I do????
>
> 2.How to open excel files using command button on access vba.
> I have syntax
> Dim stAppName as string
>
> stAppName="Excel.exe C:\Myspreedsheet.xls"
> Call shell(stAppName, vbMaximizedFocus)
>
> it works but When I use:
> stAppName="Excel.exe C:\Audit\Myspreedsheet.xls"
> it doesn't work..What should I do if I want open file in folder or
> subfolder??
> ??

1. You need to give a more full description of what you mean. I can't make
sense of it.

2. There are two possibilities: (a) you misspelled something, or (b) the
path you posted isn't the real path, and the real path contains spaces. If
the path contains spaces, you need to enclose it in quotes *within* the
string you pass to Shell. For example:

stAppName="Excel.exe ""C:\Path With Spaces\Myspreedsheet.xls"""

By doubling up the quotes in the quotes string, one quote is embedded.

Off-topic Comment:
The subject line of your post is uninformative and annoying. Most people
posting want help. Adding exclamation points doesnt make your post more
deserving than others'. A subject line summarizing the problem or topic is
much more useful.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)