From: DonnaO on
Hi. I'm currently using Project 2003. Is it possible to change gantt chart
bar colours automatically to indicate whether a task is not yet started, in
progress, completed or behind schedule? Any help very welcome.
From: Jan De Messemaeker on
Hi,

Yes, all of that is possible - you will need formulas in flag fields.See for
more FAQ 31 in
http://www.mvps.org/project/faqs.htm

--
Jan De Messemaeker
Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
Bars are tied to flag fields. Just create flag fields to flag tasks as per
whatever status you would like. Then double click on the Gantt Chart and add
an item to format a task. The criteria would look something like ....for
"Critical, Flag1" or "Normal, Not Flag1."

Here's a blog post on the topic:
http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm/archive/2009/07/23/formatting-the-gantt-chart-in-ms-project-2007.aspx