From: Elvis on
When creating a mstr project I am having difficulty gettting a relative
reference to the subprojects. I would like to be able to have the master use
a relative reference to the subprojects so when I move them all from my
laptop to a share point the master will look for the subs in the sharepoint
folder and not the subprojects on my laptop. When people open the sharepoint
mstr they cannot see anything. it is a blank schedule file.

We do not use Project server on this program so while that would make my
troubles go away that is not a solution. So much for the Easy Button!
From: Andrew Lavinsky on
I don't believe this is possible, but would be happy to be proven wrong.

From: Ellen Lehnert on
On Mar 30, 2:37 pm, Andrew Lavinsky
<AndrewLavin...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I don't believe this is possible, but would be happy to be proven wrong.
>

> "Elvis" wrote:
> > When creating a mstr project I am having difficulty gettting a relative
> > reference to the subprojects.  I would like to be able to have the master use
> > a relative reference to the subprojects so when I move them all from my
> > laptop to a share point the master will look for the subs in the sharepoint
> > folder and not the subprojects on my laptop.  When people open the sharepoint
> > mstr they cannot see anything.  it is a blank schedule file.
>
> > We do not use Project server on this program so while that would make my
> > troubles go away that is not a solution.  So much for the Easy Button!- Hide quoted text -

When the link connection is made on the desktop it is using a disk
location for the link. In Sharepoint, the disk location does not
exist. You are trying to do something that is not a feature of the
system. You would have the same problem is you linked the projects on
the desktop and then moved them to different directories.

Sorry - nice try.

Ellen Lehnert, PMP, MCT
www.lehnertcs.com.