From: Huggy on
How do you format a cell if the data in the cell contains 1 of several buyers
out of a greater list of buyers.

One column in my spreadsheet contains the buyer for that row. I would like
to format that cell if certain buyers are entered.

eg.
Buyer - column heading

I would like to format the cell that contain a and d. I tried to use "Or"
function. such as OR(C53="a", C53="d") but it did not work.

I have excel 2007.

Thanks
From: Per Jessen on
It should work, if you have done it correct.

Did you remember to put an equal sign before your function ?

Suppose you have buyers in C2:C100, select the range and goto conditional
formatting, and insert this formula:

=OR(C2="a", C2="d")

Select the desired format.

Hopes this helps.
Per

From: Huggy on
Thanks, I think it didn't work before because I did not refer to the first
row in the data. It works now.

Thanks for the confirmation.