From: Ingo Molnar on

* James Morris <jmorris(a)namei.org> wrote:

> > > Upgraded to the latest rawhide userland -- I have not since tested with
> > > bootmem off. I'll try and do so again when I get a chance.
> > >

> > That would be great. The sooner the better, obviously.
>
> I'm not seeing any problems now, with current Linus and rawhide. I'll leave
> bootmem off and see if anything comes up again.

(a current bootlog would still be nice)

Dave, can you reproduce any of these problems with Linus's latest?

Ingo
From: Ingo Molnar on

* Ingo Molnar <mingo(a)elte.hu> wrote:

> * James Morris <jmorris(a)namei.org> wrote:

> > > That would be great. The sooner the better, obviously.
> >
> > I'm not seeing any problems now, with current Linus and rawhide. I'll leave
> > bootmem off and see if anything comes up again.
>
> (a current bootlog would still be nice)
>
> Dave, can you reproduce any of these problems with Linus's latest?

ping? Can you or Dave reproduce the bug with -rc3 or later kernels? (If not
then it probably means that the bug you triggered was already fixed at the
time you reported it, as hpa suspected.)

Thanks,

Ingo
From: Yinghai on
On 04/07/2010 11:32 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Ingo Molnar <mingo(a)elte.hu> wrote:
>
>> * James Morris <jmorris(a)namei.org> wrote:

>>> I'm not seeing any problems now, with current Linus and rawhide. I'll leave
>>> bootmem off and see if anything comes up again.
>>
>> (a current bootlog would still be nice)
>>
>> Dave, can you reproduce any of these problems with Linus's latest?
>
> ping? Can you or Dave reproduce the bug with -rc3 or later kernels? (If not
> then it probably means that the bug you triggered was already fixed at the
> time you reported it, as hpa suspected.)

James already reported -rc3 fix the problem for him.

Dave implied -rc3 fixed problem for him

Thanks

Yinghai
From: Ingo Molnar on

* Yinghai <yinghai.lu(a)oracle.com> wrote:

> On 04/07/2010 11:32 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> >
> > * Ingo Molnar <mingo(a)elte.hu> wrote:

> >> (a current bootlog would still be nice)
> >>
> >> Dave, can you reproduce any of these problems with Linus's latest?
> >
> > ping? Can you or Dave reproduce the bug with -rc3 or later kernels? (If not
> > then it probably means that the bug you triggered was already fixed at the
> > time you reported it, as hpa suspected.)
>
> James already reported -rc3 fix the problem for him.
>
> Dave implied -rc3 fixed problem for him

Hm, i'm confused, does this mean that it was all fixed upstream already when
Dave and James sent their complaints?

Would be nice to have a confirmation from Dave for that (beyond 'implying'
it), to not keep this thread open-ended.

Thanks,

Ingo
From: James Morris on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> ping? Can you or Dave reproduce the bug with -rc3 or later kernels? (If not
> then it probably means that the bug you triggered was already fixed at the
> time you reported it, as hpa suspected.)

I haven't seen it since.

- James
--
James Morris